Something More Magnificent is Coming to YOU! So often when things change in our lives, we have such a resistence to change.This is because when people see a big change appearing they are often fearful that it is something bad. But it is important to...
Is this a thought YOU hold? "I have no money to give, but when I have money then I will give."If it is, you will never have money.The fastest way to attract anything is to give it to another. So if it is money you want to attract, then give it. You can...
Kindness in words creates CONFIDENCE. Kindness in thinking creates PROFOUNDNESS. Kindness in giving creates LOVE
Kindness in words creates CONFIDENCE. Kindness in thinking creates PROFOUNDNESS. Kindness in giving creates LOVE. Stress, worry, and anxiety simply comes from projecting your thoughts into the future and imagining something bad. This is focusing on what...
If you are looking for LOVE, the best chance you have of finding absolute happiness with the perfect person (whoever that may be) is when you surrender to the Universe.Allow the Universe to bring the true love of your life to you, and to move you to them....
Thank You! Thank YOU! THANK YOU! These two words, when fused with intense feeling can improve YOUR LIFE more than you can imagine. But you must saturate the words with the feeling of GRATITUDE in your heart.I am sure, you know what you feel when someone...
Pranayama: Steps to Ujjayi Pranayama. Best time to practice. Postures. Who Should not Do it?
Pranayama is a Sanskrit word which literally translates into “extension of the prana or breath”. It is a part of Yoga system that teaches you the art of extending your breath in different ways. It teaches the skilful inhaling and exhaling and to change the depth, rate and pattern of breathing.
“Breathing is the physical part of thinking and thinking is the psychological part of breathing” – Ayurveda.
Getting ready for Pranayama
Sit facing wast or north in a comfortable cross legged position on the clean floor,use Yoga mat if you want. Make sure your head, neck and chest are in a straight line and keep your spine stretched. It should not be performed within an hour of eating, bathing or sexual activity.
Best time to practice Pranayama
The great way to start your day is to start it with Pranayama. Especially, early morning is the best time to practice. Doing it outdoor where you can find fresh air is better. It is recommended to do pranayam on an empty stomach.
Who should not be doing Pranayama?
It is recommended to do pranayama with a teacher’s guidance. One must do it as it has to be done to reap maximum benefits.
- It is not recommended during menstruation, and pregnancy.
- The one with recent heart attack history should not do it.
- Avoid if you have fever, bronchitis, or pneumonia.
- Anyone going through radiation or chemo therapy.
Steps to do Ujjayi Pranayama
- Close your eyes and breathe deeply but naturally.
- Focus your awareness on the breath as it moves in and out of your body.
- Feel the lift of your belly and the expansion of your ribs on your inhalations and the slight compression of your ribs and drop of your belly as you exhale.
- Next, bring your hand to your chest, just below your collarbone. Breathe all the way into this area and allow your chest to rise slightly; then exhale and let it go.
- Feel your belly lift, ribs expand, and chest lift as you inhale; on your exhalations, notice how your chest drops, ribs contract, and belly lowers.
- Release your arms and focus your mind on your breath, inhaling and exhaling fully.